Diesel prices are skyrocketing. The pain at the pump is unstoppable as the cost of diesel continues to climb. Inflation in the recovering economy is exacerbated by Russia’s war on Ukraine, forcing a historic drop in global fuel production.
This is the macroeconomic view. But what can a fleet manager do directly to counter this devastating pressure on fleet prices? Specification for fuel efficiency, yes, but replacing trucks right now may not be an option.
One course of action that doesn’t have to wait for the next truck order is to motivate and coach drivers to get the most out of every gallon. To explore methods and technologies to help drivers increase their mpg, the editors of HDT present a free webinar on Driver Coaching and Incentive, taking place June 15 at 2:00 p.m. EDT / 11:00 a.m. PDT.
Technology solutions to coach drivers on fuel efficiency and manage MPG performance incentives are a big part of the solution. But none of them will realize their full potential without fleet managers who are adept at leveraging them and clearly communicating company goals to gain full buy-in from their drivers.
Topics covered by HDT webinar speakers include:
- Build the relationship between driver and fleet manager to encourage mpg awareness and discussion on how to improve.
- Leverage data-driven driver dashboards.
- Reward the best mpg artists.
- Coach and challenge drivers to master what they really control, like speed, hard braking and idling, to increase mileage.
Coaching and Incentivizing Drivers for Higher MPG will be presented for free on June 15 at 2 p.m. EDT. Webinar speakers will discuss proven approaches and solutions for coaching and incentivizing professional drivers to increase their fuel efficiency:
- Aaron Patterson, Director of Operations for Keller Trucking. The Defiance, Ohio-based subsidiary of Keller Logistics Group has been voted one of the best fleets to drive for in 2022.
- Mike Roeth, executive director of the North American Council for Freight Efficiency. NACFE is an unbiased organization that works to develop and adopt fuel-efficient, environmentally-beneficial and cost-effective technologies, services and methodologies.
- David Cullen, Business Writer/Washington for HDTwill act as the webinar moderator.
Visit the registration webpage for more information and to register to attend the webinar.